#fashioninspired #fashionfacts #fashion
Hey there Fashion Friends, believe it or not we meant to post this article a while back. This article has just been hanging out in our drafts section and we thought why not, share?
We all know about fashion but the history behind fashion still remains a mystery to most. When we think of a mini skirt, usually it’s to purchase or because we like it’s style. We rarely look at a mini skirt and wonder just who created it.
As a result of, we thought it’d be fun to share some interesting and strange facts of fashion just for fun. Here are 18 unbelievably Fun Fashion Facts every fashionista should know.
- The most common clothing materials are cotton, linen and rayon.
- It was acceptable for women to wear shorts during World War 2.
- The bikini was named after the Island Bikini. A toll where the United States military tested its bombs in World War 2.
- The price of clothing decreased in value by 8.5% since 1992.
- The word ‘jean’ comes from the cotton pants worn by ‘genes’.
- Black was once taboo to be worn other than when mourning.
- Eyeliner became popular after its discovery in King Tut’s tomb in 1920.
- The skirt is the second oldest piece of clothing out dated by the loincloth.
- More than 2 billion t-shirts are sold a year.
- The pencil and A line skirts were created by Christian Dior
- In Rome, purple was symbolic to royalty, thus only the emperors and magistrates were allowed to wear it.
- Buttons on the sleeves were first introduced as a way to prevent soldiers from wiping their noses with their sleeves. Napoleon Bonaparte created the concept.
- The mini skirt was named after the Mini Cooper, Mary Quants’ favorite car.
- Ked is the oldest sneaker company founded in 1916.
- Chanel No. 5 started the modern era of perfume and was created by Ernest Beaux.
- The first pair of Doc Martens were made out of old tires.
- Jewelry was initially worn by men to show off their social status.
- The first ever made Doc Martens were made from tires.